Angela

Thursday 14 August 2014

Favorite Summer drinks: almond milk coffee slush

Coffee fix of the day <3 heading to the park for a lunch time picnic. So the smoke from the forrest fires have finally died down. Now we're trying to enjoy the out doors before it hits -50 here! I'm still nervous about how I will handle those temperatures. Apparently winter hits early here too. I thought it would be fun to take the kids to the playground and picnic during Sean's lunch hour. For our park date I made delicious iced coffee slush with almond milk for my husband and I. I lt was so good, low calorie, and pretty easy!

I started with a jug of my iced coffee concentrate. For this I mixed 1 cup of coffee grounds with 7 cups of water and left overnight. In the morning I strained it through my french press. The concentrate can last in the fridge for a couple weeks.

I filled an ice cube tray with the concentrate and froze to make coffee ice cubes. Fill them to the brim!

I Took 1 tray of frozen coffee cubes and mixed in a blender with 1 cup of unsweetened almond milk. Just blend until you have a slush consistency.


Pour into a cup...or in this case 2 travel cups for cold drinks.

Mix in 1 packet of stevia sweetener. This packet says it's equivalent to 2 tsp of sugar.


Stevia is a natural 0 calorie sweeter. I use it in everything even my baking.

P.S. It rained all lunch hour during our picnic haha!

No comments:

Post a Comment